That's it. The mirena is coming out. Just to document it:
-mood swings, especially not being able to control my temper.
-anxiety, paranoia/persecution complex
-intense, unexplained back pain in the kidney area for days on end, but with normal kidney function, only to have it suddenly go away
-bloating... looking 4 months pregnant all the stinking time.
-no energy
-not able to get to sleep at night
-not sleeping well once i do get to sleep
-no sex drive AT.ALL.
-mild cramps for 1-2 days after every time having sex, sometimes with spotting
-stressed all the time
-craving sweets constantly, but having no appetite otherwise
-hot flashes
-increased hair growth including facial hair
-breast tenderness
-cycles where i have headaches every day at the same time for a week
and the kicker....
-cramps, probably 7 out of a 1-10 pain scale for 2-4 days a month - when the most important reason to choose hormonal birth control (rather than, say, barrier or a copper IUD) was that I normally have extremely painful periods (1 day of extreme, 9-10 level pain if unmedicated, or kept to 7-8 level pain if I take some Aleve as soon as i know i've started)
with Kibwana, my pregnancy weight fell right off (it was mainly water weight/edema there at the end) and through my first trimester with the Runt, I was only 5-10 lbs above my pre-preg-with-J-weight. With the Runt, it fell off until I got the mirena put in, at which point it crept back up. I am currently <10 above="" activity="" after="" am="" at="" away="" both="" br="" final="" from="" giving-birth="" having="" i="" j.="" kids.="" level="" my="" of="" or="" pounds="" pregnancy="" slightly="" the="" was="" weights="" with="">
also, incidentally, after googling mirena symptoms, some other things i didn't consider have been brought to light; estrogen imbalances have been implicated in bone loss. After having insanely healthy teeth my whole life even when they were being abused/mistreated (ie not brushing for weeks at a time), i'm suddenly having toothaches and gum decay lately.
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. Hopefully after this is out, I'll be able to resume being my real self again.10>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uuuungh. I'd totally be a Debbie Downer if I were dealing with all that. I'm so sorry. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope things improve once you have it removed!
ReplyDelete