Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week (and share your own).
As for me, well...
I certainly would never forget about Not Me! Monday. Which is why I'm totally NOT at work trying to write this as quickly as possible so that I can get BACK to doing work. *ahem.*
I'm totally not so desperate to win a The HP Mini Vivienne Tam Edition clutch laptop that I would insert a blatant advertisement for Blissfully Domestic's laptop giveaway post, in order to get another entry. Because I totally did not instantly tweet about it, follow their feed, and post all the comments necessary to get the maximum number of entries. And I am completely not sabotaging my own chances of winning anything by telling you about how cute and awesome those laptops are.
I definitely did not spend all the money I made (by selling things on eBay) before I actually GOT that money. And since I am a good mother, I definitely DID NOT spend almost all of it on things that I have been dying to buy for Kibwana, even though Kati's birthday was last week and I haven't even finished getting her presents.
I totally did NOT leave my 15 month old son unattended in his room, babyproofed or not, and then hear him yelling and fussing and think "he's just mad that I left the room" and let it go for about 60 seconds. Because it certainly wouldn't take me a full minute to recognize his "blocked from a goal" or "stuck" sounding cry. And if it did, I would RUN straight to his room, not mosey along assuming he couldn't fit his toy into the kleenex box or reach a ball that had rolled under the crib. Therefore, it could not possibly have been ME that would have arrived to find said 15 month old sitting on the bottom drawer of his armoire (butt on the top of the drawer face and feet INSIDE the drawer), having pulled the next drawer out, onto his lap, and getting his chubby little legs pinched. But if it had been, I would totally be GRATEFUL that he was not seriously injured and only needed 30 seconds of comforting while crying piteously. I would never be offended that he didn't want to be held any longer than that, that he would rather go play than get love from his Mommy who may or may not have needed snuggle-comfort from panic more than he did.
Also, since my husband and I certainly do NOT think that the toddler learning a bad word from Meet the Fockers is funny, Col would never have taught Kibwana to say "hole." If he did, and Kibwana caught on INSTANTLY and decided holes are cool and spent all day pointing them out to us (like a hole in the sidewalk, hole in the wall from a removed screw, etc), I would NEVER, ever have taught Kibwana that a belly button is also a hole. I definitely have a much greater sense of propriety than that, and would certainly NOT have taught Kibwana how to find my belly button. I absolutely would NOT laugh and encourage him every time he pulled up my shirt, poked my belly button, and said HOLE! Nope, NOT ME!
(But just for the record, if Col HAD done such a thing, I definitely would have scolded him for it and made sure he didn't get any funny ideas about teaching the baby the other half of a bad word. I do have my standards, you know.)
See you next week!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi,I think it was your comment over at Expectant Heart that said you don't know if you get any visitors. So I thought I'd come by, read a little and leave a comment.
ReplyDeleteAlso, just a suggestion. The white font on the black is hard to read. If you make your type bolder or thicker, it will be easier to read. (Even the blue on your side bar is easier to see.) Just a thought.
Come, stop by my blog. I'd love to have you visit. No not me monday up yet, but I might get there.
Thanks for stopping by. Great not me's. Don't you just love it when husbands teach children bad words?! LOL. Have a great week!
ReplyDeletehaha I've ignored my son's "stuck" cry more then once and found him in similar predicaments (aka stuck under his sisters bed) Thanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteMy brothers first word was hole and it was directed at his own belly button. Don't worry, we did NOT encourage him or think that it was desperately cute. :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kimberly
I hear you about the kids recovering quicker from their accidents than we do from seeing them go through it. Oh how the fear and heart stopping moments are aging me!!
ReplyDeletemy kids have never learned bad words either. and it never made me chuckle
ReplyDeletehttp://lisanoel03.blogspot.com/2009/05/not-me-monday-6-1-09.html
Thanks for visitng me today! For my stat counter, I use.. are you ready for this?... STATCOUNTER. Seriously. www.statcounter.com I"m not sure I love it but it works.. You might want to check out more options first..
ReplyDeleteI love your nmm. I've totally done that with the crying.. with similar, usually very MESSY results.. ugh.
Thanks for the laugh! Great Not Me's! I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteNot me Monday's are so fun. Getting to find other 'not me mama's'.
ReplyDeleteWendy